hiding Data

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Jan 22 11:09:35 EST 2002

On 22/1/02 2:43 am, John Cuccio <jcuccio at pacbell.net> wrote:

>> I believe the maximum per field is 64k. That would take very many fields
>> (over 100), and I think too long to read into memory initially.
>
> I thought Rev had not limits. Just how big the hard drive space was.

Indeed - there is no such limit.  Fields can handle as much as you have RAM
for, and you can store the data off screen as binary in a custom property.
Again it all gets loaded into memory when the stack is opened, so make sure
you have enough RAM available, or use separate stacks, external files or a
database.

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.