Read serial data?

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Jan 22 11:09:25 EST 2002

On 21/1/02 1:04 am, Sjoerd Op 't Land <sjoerdoptland at mac.com> wrote:

>> Is it possible to read serial data on a Mac with USB ports? In the
>> Transcript dictionary it refers only to reading Modem and Printer ports
>> which are the old Serial/LocalTalk ports, and I am wondering if these
>> commands will transpose to reading from the USB or if there is another
>> command or technique.
> At present, this is not possible with RR itself and I don't know about some
> external for this.

Actually, it should be possible to do this with open driver.  At present
support for this isn't perfect (lack of documentation and support on OS X)
but we're working on it and it shouldn't be long...

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.