How to check the Checkbox?

Magnus von Brömsen webmaster at studioalice.se
Thu Jan 10 13:03:01 EST 2002

> I think you need to write a script in the group itself to do this.
> Here's
> one I tried:
>
>     on doStuff
>       repeat with b = 1 to the number of btns in me
>         if the style of btn b of me = "checkBox" then
>           -- do whatever you want with that checkbox
>         end if
>       end repeat
>     end doStuff

Sarah, I would appreciate a  little more help about this.
The group have this script:

on plusOrder
    repeat with b = 1 to the number of buttons in me
      if the style of btn b of me = "checkbox" then
        send plusOrder to btn b -- if I specifiy a single buttons ID here
it works
      end if
    end repeat
end plusOrder

In this group every single checkbox have this script:

on plusOrder
   if the hilite of me then put fld id 1131 into fld "order"
end plusOrder

> As this handler is in the group's script, "me" refers to the group.
>
> Then in your other button, have:
>
>     send doStuff to group "Whatever"

The button that will trigger the whole thing (I hope) have this script:

on mouseUp
   send plusOrder to group "group1"
end mouseUp

When I click this button something happens because the "spinning wheel"
shows. But not what  want to happen.

TIA
Magnus