installing quicktime?

Olivier Laya laya at inrets.fr
Tue Jan 8 10:41:01 EST 2002

>Hallo,
>Just thought I'd ask about the best way to install
>Quicktime. I'll let the user choose if he wants to
>start the installer locally, or download the installer
>(..suppose I'll just start up a browser at
>apple.com/quicktime/download for the latter)
>Now the tough part. What do I do while the installer
>is running (or being downloaded)? thought about
>pausing the program, put up a waiting for quicktime to
>be installed, and having a check every two seconds or
>so that checks "the qtversion"? does "the qtversion"
>get updated when the installer has quit?
>- kinda messy to try these things with trial and error
>so any tips are welcome,
>thanks,
>/Niklas

Just a word : intaller must often close all the other softs during
intallation. I am not sure with QT , but we can have some problems
due to this condition (RR and QT installer running at the same time).

--
Olivier Laya
Chargé de Recherche

Tél: 01 47 40 73 79
Fax : 01 45 47 56 06

Phone (international): +33 1 47 40 73 79

Web site: http://www.inrets.fr   Bienvenue!     Welcome!