audioclips on a Mac

J. Scott Saults SaultsJ at missouri.edu
Sun Jan 6 18:02:01 EST 2002

Surely this has been address before, but I couldn't find anything
relevant by searching my email archives or those
athttp://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/ of use-revolution
(BTW, aren't there any good  search tools available for these
archives?) I did find this question asked weeks ago, but could not
find any response.

HOW DO I IMPORT AN AUDIOCLIP INTO A STACK AND PLAY IT CORRECTLY, on a Mac?

WHAT I HAVE TIED THAT DOES NOT WORK:
I created a 16-bit Wave file , with a sampling rate of 44.1 k (Using
the application "SoundEdit 16"). Using the "Application Overview",
and the audioclip tab for importing, I imported the file so that it
appears in the overview as part of the stack. Then I simply executed
the command: play audioclip <audioclip name>. Something DID play, but
it was mostly just a burst of noise.

Can someone please help me. What have I done wrong? How can a play a
sound,  without loading a and displaying a quicktime player?

(Actually my problems with the severe limitations of Revolution/MC
sound playback go well beyond this issue, but until I can play a
single sound, I won't bother to ask about playing a sequence of
sounds.)

Thanks for the help.

Scott Saults
J. Scott Saults, Ph.D.