Send Command

JamesHBeckmann at aol.com JamesHBeckmann at aol.com
Sat Jan 5 20:21:01 EST 2002

I am looking at the conversion of HC stacks to Rev.

I have discovered true limitation of the function "value" in HC, not apparent
in Rev.  The "send" command concerns me though.

However, I constantly interchange data between HC prorgams, maybe to be Rev
files. The exchange is accomplished by the "send" and "request" commands.

For instance if I download specialtext from the web at
"http://www.fromhere.com" and put specialtext into the field and name the
field the URL, I then want to move it to other MAC machines.  In HC I am
limited by characters (the card field's name will not be "send" to other
machines) - either the appleevent itself or HC does not allow these
characters (not to mention %, $, &, etc) to be recognized by the receiving
machine.  The number of characters allowed in the parameter of "send" is
limited to 30.

Do these same limitations occur in Rev or is it MAC system/code related?

Jim