2 questions

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Wed Jan 2 01:44:01 EST 2002

Richard wrote:
//////////////////
A more difficult question:
I'd like to create output on a card in which each line contains a
combination of a colored bar followed by text. The length of the bar
would
vary in each line. In other words, each line of text needs to be
represented
as well by a bar of a specific length, based on the information in the
line.
The information on each card will have to scroll, as there will likely
be
60-100 lines of information per card. Suggestions on how to do this in
Rev?
//////////////////////

This is not very creative, but can't you just create what 'appears' to
be a color bar using some appropriate font (e.g.  I have a font of
'smiley faces', which would add a touch of humor to it...)  and then
just use the info on the line to type however many characters are
indicated, then set the font and color of just those characters to
something appropriate?  Now you will have a field that will behave
normally, as it will actually contain only text albeit in multiple
fonts/colors.

good luck,

mark mitchell
japan