answer error problem

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Tue Feb 26 04:17:01 EST 2002

Problem: When the answer error pops up, I have to click it twice
in order to dismiss it.

The cursor appears as a hand prior to first click...
The cursor turns into an iBeam after the first click
and stays an iBeam while over the "OK" button unless
moved - if moved, it becomes a hand and can then click 'OK'

This is on a Mac if that makes any difference.

This does not happen in Rev editing mode but
does occur opened from an 'opener' standalone (this is a Rev file in
which I want any  changes to it to be saved).

The 'answer' error appears over an area which has the following layered
items (starting with bottom to top):

cd > image > either a player object or another image > opaque text field

It occurs if the text field focus is or is not enabled.

on menuPick what
   if the selectedText of fld "text" is ""
   then
    answer error "You must select (hilite) text before you can change
the text style"
     exit menuPick
   else
   end if
   set the label of me to what
   put what into tStyle
   put the textStyle of the selectedText into tOldStyle
   set the textStyle of the selectedText  to what
   if the textStyle of the  selectedText is empty
   then
     set the textStyle of the selectedText to tStyle
   else
     set the textStyle of the selectedText to tOldSTyle&comma&tStyle
   end if
end menuPick