controlkeydown

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Feb 20 19:50:01 EST 2002

As I understand it, when you use
    on controlKeyDown T
you are using T as a variable name which will contain whatever key you have
actually pressed. You then need to check the value of your variable and see
it it matches any of the keys you want to respond to.

e.g.

on controlKeyDown pKey
    if pKey = "T" then
        -- do T stuff
    else if pKey = "F" then
        -- do F stuff
    else
        pass controlKeyDown
        -- allow any other keys to function normally
    end if
end controlKeyDown

As others have suggested, if you want to check for lots of keys, a switch
will be more efficient.

Cheers,
Sarah