graphic radio buttons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 11 12:41:01 EST 2002

"Mark Mitchell" <mark_mitchell at kmug.org> wrote:

> Frankly, I'm not sure of the advantage of using a customProperty over a simple
> global variable (again, consulted in the GROUP script) for something like this.
> I suppose a customProp will preserve last selected even
> between use sessions whereas a global will not.  Is that all?

The other main difference is speed. Globals are much faster than
retrieving custom properties. If I have a script that has to access some
data repeatedly, I put it into a global (or a local variable at the top
of a script.) If the data only needs to be read occasionally, a property
works fine. If the information needs to be persistent between sessions,
then storing it in a property before the stack closes is necessary in
any case.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com