invisible buttons - non-clickable??????

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Dec 30 14:04:01 EST 2002

Recently, sean nicholas harper wrote:

> Ok, I make a button visible and it works fine. If it is invisible,
> however, it does not work. Is that really the intended functionality? That
> seems really stupid. How can I make an invisible button that works?

Making something invisible is not "stupid", it allows you to easily
hide/disable any control at will.  What you want to create is a transparent
button which you can do by disabling the default display properties of the
button: showName, showBorder, threeD, and showHilite.  You can also use
graphics as transparent buttons by setting the filled to true and the ink
effect to "noop".

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director