groups and background

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Dec 19 11:34:00 EST 2002

On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 06:25 AM, UDI wrote:

> Groups and the Message Path:
> Since a group owns any controls that are part of the group, the group is
> in the message path for those controls.
> Groups that are placed on a card are also placed in the message path of
> card controls on that card....

Suppose there are a couple nested groups with controls, a background
with some controls and some controls not in any group on a card.

The path for controls in the nested groups looks like this:

    ... control --> inner group --> outer group --> card --> stack ...

The path for controls in the background group looks like this:

    ... control --> background group --> card --> stack ...

But, the path for controls _not_ in any group looks like this:

    ... control --> card --> background group --> stack ...

Note that the background group is in the path after the card for
controls not in any group.

(Now, I would have hoped that this would have applied to the first
controls, above, too.  Unfortunately, this means my field grouped with
up-down buttons does not behave the same as my field.  I can't think of
a grouped control as a control.)

Dar Scott