Apple Remote Desktop for Platform Testing

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Dec 18 10:11:01 EST 2002

on 12/17/2002 7:42 PM, erik hansen at erikhans08 at yahoo.com wrote:

> --- Alan Gayne <alanIra9 at mac.com> wrote:
>> Hell!  I've still got one of the original 128K
>> Macs in MY closet (you
>> know, the one with the autographs of the
>> original Mac team embossed
>> inside the case) -- also a Mac Plus, a IIvx, a
>> Quadra 650, a Performa
>> 5215 and soon to be joined by an iMac SE 400
>> with a troublesome video
>> problem (not the video card, but supposedly
>> something on the logic
>> board).  Each of these were used originally by
>> me, passed down the line
>> to each of my two sons, and finally returned to
>> me when they moved on
>> to newer models.
>>
>> But even though they are thoroughly obsolete
>> (except for the iMac) I
>> can't quite bring myself to just put these old
>> friends out with the trash.

You can't just trash them anyway.  They are defined
as hazardous waste and have to be disposed of as
hazardous waste!  This will cost you some money.

Our Apple User's Group in Rochester is accepting
machines as long as they are Power Macs or better
as part of our recycling program.

Good luck!

Rick Harrison