Scotch By Any Other Name [was Re: 2.0 - (OT) Malt]

Rod McCall rodmc at runrev.com
Thu Dec 12 08:12:01 EST 2002

At 17:38 12/12/2002 +1100, David Vaughan wrote:

>On Thursday, Dec 12, 2002, at 17:04 Australia/Sydney, Monte Goulding wrote:
>After the "Glens" try Lagavulin and Laphroaig for completely different
>tastes, especially the latter one.
>
>5 down, more than 95 to go...
>cheers

There are quite a few and I am sure I've not tasted all of them yet
:-)  The two you mention are among my favorites
although I am sure there are some better ones.

If anyone is interested you can do a whisky tour of Scotland and savour our
many (alcoholic) delights. Also if anyone wants more information have a
look at the Scottish Malt Whisky Society:

http://www.smws.com/

As well as offering whisky they have a nice place to meet and offer cheap
accommodation to members. You can also join if you don't live in the UK as
they have various branches abroad.

For those who prefer beer why not try those brewed by the Caledonian
brewery (http://www.caledonian-brewery.co.uk/), or if you want something
stronger try Orkney Skull Splitter :-) I can assure you it lives up to its
name! (http://www.beerme.com/breweries/gb/sc/3071.shtml)

cheers,

rod

Rod McCall
Runtime Revolution Ltd   <www.runrev.com>
Revolution - The Solution for Software Development
tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165 fax: +44 (0) 131 718 4334

Shameless book plug: Designing Information Spaces: The Social Navigation
Approach
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1852336617/ref=sr_aps_books_1_2/202-5974166-0650224>