Another 2.0 Question

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Dec 11 16:49:01 EST 2002

> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com writes:
> >Just a stab in the dark but I'd say they are waiting for the engine to be
> >complete. Raney's on Beta 1 so they probably have a few more weeks yet.
>
> So how did they think that it was going to ship in November.

Well I'd say that the expected date for the engine was about then but a 2
month discussion about the Drag and Drop API on the xTalks list slowed
everything down. But it could have been anything. With 2.0 the RunRev team
is attempting to close the gap between MC builds and Rev builds. That means
there is two development timelines that need to converge. Two lots of
testing. A hell of a lot of work to deliver a stable product. If we see it
before Jan then it will be a miracle!

It will be a great product and well worth the wait.

Cheers

Monte