Passing selectedField Location between Stacks

Bernard Devlin revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Tue Dec 10 14:47:00 EST 2002

Thanks for the suggestion.  It was a "mouseUp" handler, so I changed it to
"mouseDown" but it didn't make any difference.

I think the issue is actually to do with moving from stack to stack:  the
selectedChunk only refers to the character numbers in a (numbered) field.  There
is no reference to a stack.  So it seems logical to me that if  one is to click
on another stack, that the selectedChunk cannot know about the stack that the
character numbers and field refer to.  This is a pity, but I have posted another
question which when solved will, I hope, provide a workaround.

> What handler is checking the selectedChunk? It should be mouseDown.
> Once you are in mouseUp, the selection reflects your mouseclick and
> the old selection is lost. This could explain why you get an empty
> chunk.
>

> Robert

Regards, Bernard