Any way to launch shell in Mac OS 10.0.4?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Sat Dec 7 10:29:02 EST 2002

I've got a Mac OS 8/9/X app that I've written for a client that works, except
in Mac OS 10.0.4.  This project is for an ISP that insists that it work on
all versions of OS X, even this version, which I've been telling them no one
uses, but that doesn't seem to matter to the client - - - they just want it
working.  I need to launch a unix command and grep the results and pass it
back to Revolution.  Is this possible with OS 10.0.4?  Applescript doesn't
appear to have a working do shell method for that version of the OS.