Inserting accented characters

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Dec 6 06:08:01 EST 2002

Bernard,
I don't have any easy answers here, if the key commands don't work in a
field then you may want to try and trap them and insert into the field the
correct codes. I have a menu called "Special Chars" which I use to do some
of this...

on menuPick pWhich
  switch pWhich
  case "copyright mark"
    if the selectedChunk contains "field" then
      put "©" after the selectedChunk
    end if
    break
  case "registered mark"
    if the selectedChunk contains "field" then
      put "®" after the selectedChunk
    end if
    break
  case "trademark"
    if the selectedChunk contains "field" then
      put "™" after the selectedChunk
    end if
    break
  case "bullet"
    if the selectedChunk contains "field" then
      put "•" after the selectedChunk
    end if
    break
  end switch