Director MX and Revolution

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Thu Dec 5 19:24:04 EST 2002

On Dienstag, Dezember 3, 2002, at 05:32  Uhr, Troy Rollins wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 08:04 AM, Simtech Publications wrote:
>
>> Knowing what Director MX looks like I'm  more inclined than ever
>> to update all of my special educations programs in Rev instead of
>> Director
>> so they run under Mac OS X. While Director MX itself looks lovely
>> with its
>> new aqua interface it produces movies with almost none of the OS X GUI
>> elements, not even jellybean buttons, radio buttons or checkboxes. At
>> least
>> not in the last beta that was available to us before they shut the
>> tests
>> down. Completely unbelieveable! I hope for the sake of Director users
>> that
>> the release version will correct this but I highly doubt it. For my
>> part,
>> I'm switching to Rev.
>>
> Glad to have you here, Bill. But, at my place anyway, we use both
> Director and Rev. We use Rev when it has to look and work "like an
> application." My point is - Director has *never* had the things you
> mentioned, why would it now? That's not what it is about. Director is
> aimed at those who want to design every last bit of the interface and
> experience. We added Rev to our toolbox because Director is ill-suited
> to developing "applications", however we still feel it is *extremely*
> strong at its own field - multimedia, interactive, online...
>
> I, for one, am looking forward to D-MX almost as much as Rev 2.0

I think I understand Bill very well. My goal is to have one tool to
build (author hasslefree) apps for any OS without a ticket to hell and
back. that my it can run aon the, no matter if they are Mulitmedia
Apps. Taht why I looking for a kind of this famous, non existing german
"eierlegendewollmilchsau"-tool (let me try that in english:
eggbreedingwoolmilkpork-tool). Because the main focus of my (maybe he´s
too?) multimedia apps is not the authoring and scripting part. Its the
UI, the content, the story, the idea, the multimedia features and so
on. Thats why a lot of developing happens in other tools, and so we
expect at only one for the authoring...

Bill, pls correct me if I did not understood you wright...

So, let us see what kind of animal will Rev 2.0 be, and how close it
comes to the "eierlegendewollmilchsau" for the rest of us ;))

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539