alignment of combo box label text

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Sat Aug 31 19:35:00 EDT 2002

All my combo boxes look funny under Windows. The label text is
scrunched in the upper left of the button, making it difficult to
read. It looks a little better on the Mac, but I'd like to be able to
control the alignment of the label text of combo buttons. Is there
currently a way to do this?

I tried the following, but it didn't work: set the textshift of
button "CPU Model" to 3

Most of the text properties of the button don't affect the label, so
I can't change the alignment or the spacing between the label and the
top of the button. However, for some reason the font size and style
do affect the label of the button.

In Transcript, of course, it doesn't make sense to set the property
of a property, and a label is just a property, not an object unto
itself. Since the combo button uses labels instead of containing text
(like fields), some of the properties such as the textAlign don't
seem to apply. It wouldn't make sense to say "set the textAlign of
the label of button myButton", right?

Thanks...