post to authorization form

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Aug 31 11:35:00 EDT 2002

On Saturday, August 31, 2002, at 02:15 AM, sims wrote:

> I am trying to send a username & password to an  authorization
> form on a web page. It works fine when I use my browser (IE).
>
> I use the following to 'Post' to that same url but have no success, can
> anyone advise where I am screwing up?

As Dave asked, are you sure you need post?  That is, are you sure
it is a web page you are seeing?  An HTTP authorization request
will create a dialog box on your browser, but it is not a web
page.  It will typically be a boring little dialog box with site
and realm data displayed and with text boxes for name and password.

If it is a Basic Authorization request, see if you can build a
header line and add it to the headers.

If it is a post, take care to get the encoding right.  You can use
the Rev functions, but they are not complete for a post.

Dar Scott