platform() = MacOS (9 with ascii(13) or X with ascii(10))?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Aug 31 09:20:01 EDT 2002

>Check the systemVersion() function. So you can say:
>
>if the platform is "MacOS" then
>   if the systemVersion < 10 then
>     -- OS 9 stuff
>   else
>     -- OS 10 stuff
>   end if
>end if

Ken, Kee, et al:

This does NOT work.  On OS 9 the system version is 9.x.x and OS X is
10.x.x, so the if gives incorrect results.

Note Richard Gaskin's handler that checks item 1 of systemVersion.

Since Rev does not run on Mac OS systems < 7, I use

"if char 1 of systemVersion() < 7",

which should work through Mac OS version 69.x.x.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company