text in fields (CR/LF, CR, LF) which is correct?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Aug 30 16:58:52 EDT 2002

On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 01:03 PM, Kee Nethery wrote:

> function adjustLineEndOS thetext
>   replace (numtochar(13) & numtochar(10)) with numtochar(13) in thetext
>   replace numtochar(10) with numtochar(13) in thetext
>   replace numtochar(10) with getLineEnd() in thetext
>   return thetext
> end adjustLineEndOS

I don't think this will work.  I think one of us got you off into
the wrong direction.

The line end on Revolution is numToChar(10).

Maybe this will work...

function adjustLineEndInput thetext
   replace (numtochar(13) & numtochar(10)) with numtochar(13) in thetext
   replace numtochar(13) with numtochar(10) in thetext -- fixed typo
   return thetext
end adjustLineEndInput

This is just yours above with a typo correction.  It is even better
than what I have been using.  I'm going to try it!

This even handles the hybrid cr lf lf correctly.  Cool!

Dar Scott