Revolution and screen savers, writing real quartz transitions externals

Jim Witte jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Thu Aug 29 22:35:01 EDT 2002

   This doesn't really have anything to do with Revolution (well maybe),
but I just poted this to the Apple StudentDev list after enquiring
about the new 'slideSaver' type that has appeared in Jaguar:

--
   Wouldn't it would be nice if you could make a nice programming
language to make them that would go like:

show image "Initial" with visual dissolve 4 seconds for 5 seconds
repeat 5
   put random( "dissolve slow", "dissolve", "zoom in very slow") into
visEffect
   show image (randomImageNotShown()) with visual visEffect for (random
3) seconds
end repeat
repeat 5
if (random(1)) -- 0-based random function
   show image (randomImage()) with visual dissolve slow and
shrinkTransition to randomPoint() for (4+random(2)) seconds
else
   show image (randomImage()) with visual dissolve and expandTransition
from randomPoint()
end if
end repeat

(Can you tell I like HyperTalk/Transcript?)

   Kinda like the new Smart Playlists.  "(Extra) Smart ScreenSavers.."
--

(More to the point of a Revolution list:)
   This raises a question that relates more to Revolution: would it be

Jim