custom interface?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 27 07:24:01 EDT 2002

Sylvain Le Gourriérec wrote:

> I am a poor developper used to work with Windows... MacOs habits seem to me
> very strange! I can't stand with those palettes which remain in background. I
> would like any window I focus displays in foreground...

Alas, palette windows are not merely a Mac window style; they're part of the
MS UI spec and can be found on most other OSes as well.  Windows apps that
use them include Freehand, Dreamweaver, GoLive, Flash, Photoshop, PaintShop
Pro, Director....

However, there is the question of which windows really need to be palettes,
and which might be better served as modeless.  The property sheet windows in
VB and ToolBook, for example, are modeless rather than palettes.

> Is it possible to write a script that automates the process at Revolution
> start?

  set the raisepalettes to false -- global property

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation