Using Revolution for server-side scripts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 26 14:05:01 EDT 2002

"Digital Studio \(Australia\) Pty Ltd" <tony.perry at numbat.com> wrote:

> Great idea Jacqueline.
>
> Unfortunately it didn't work for me, the error message from my hosts server
> remained the same.  I placed a dummy file named, libXext.so.6 into my
> cgi-bin directory (didn't know where else to put it) but I suspect the
> Revolution engine expects to find these shared files in a different
> location, such as /usr/lib.

As I mentioned, I didn't get a chance to try it, but the dummy files
should go in the same place with the rest of the Apache libraries. In my
case (and probably for most people who rent a web hosting company,) the
libraries are part of the main Apache install on the server, outside of
any user domain. I had no access to that location and I had to ask my
ISP to place them there for me.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com