OS X

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Aug 25 18:54:01 EDT 2002

/

> Does OS X use Unix/Windows style filtering for answer file?
I don't think so. The only one that seems to work for me is using type
and specifying the 4 character file type
e.g. answer file "Select a text file" of type "TEXT"

> Does OS X have a File Exchange type Control that can be applescripted
> to set
> the file extension mapping? If not how do you register an extension
> for an
> app?
I think OS X still uses the old Apple file type & creator type to link
an app to it's documents. You can change the mapping manually using the
Get Info dialog, but I don't know how to do it with AppleScript.

Cheers,
Sarah