Global variables, Message Handlers, Functions

Benjamin Dubois yannek at mac.com
Sun Aug 25 13:37:01 EDT 2002

Hi Everyone,
I am finally working on my first project using Revolution.
I had to use VB for the last one... Needless to say I now try
to think in the transcript way and I need some time to adapt.
I also started programming with traditional languages such as C, C++,
Java.
And No I never ever touched HyperCard or anything like it.
So I wanted to check if I understood some thing correctly:
1.	Functions are used when we need to return something.
	Otherwise custom handler are used for functions which would return
void like in C, say.
2.	The keyword 'global' is the same as a global variable defined in C
but we hace to declare in all the handler, we use it.
	Which kind of freak me out. I am like wait if I declare it again it
is going to think it is a new one. I have read much
	of the documentation but I still need some time to get use to it.
3. 	Which card or stack handler should I use if I want to call a custom
handler, when the user close the current window, substack.
	I tried closeStackRequest it launches my custom handler but the
stack does not close (?).
Any comments, help would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Benjamin J. S. Dubois
Les Esprits Sages Applications, Inc.