Possible Virus on list

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Aug 24 02:02:01 EDT 2002

At 11:09 PM -0700 8/23/2002, Jim Witte wrote:
>    I just got a strange email for the use-revolution list with a subject
>line: 'Spice girls' vocal concert' (not something I would expect from
>use-rev!) and one attached file, which looked like a page from the the
>HTML spec sheets (input[1].html).  Is this a new worm of some kind?
>The complete headers follow:

Looking at the headers, this didn't go through the mail server we use for
the list. (Nor did I get a copy.)

There are some viruses that harvest an address from the victim's mail
address book to use as a faked "From:" address, and my guess is that's what
happened here: someone on the list who has both the use-revolution address
and your address in their address book was attacked by the Klez virus or a
variant.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/