If it equals?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Aug 22 15:13:01 EDT 2002

Jan,

> > Am I the only one that sees these regular
> > expressions as cool?  :-)
> >

> No you're not, and I'm very much looking forward to
> the expanded support in RunRev 1.5, so I can easily
> handle XML files with this feature.
> (grabbing what's between two tags, further decomposing
> that hierarchically,... *drool*)

That's exactly what I thought as well, and so I created an XML library that
was built that is pure MetaTalk/Transcript for managing and parsing XML
using regular expressions... just "start using" and then call the commands
in there... The Basic version is free and supports functions for reading
XML, and there's also a Standard version that does more and opens up the
scripts for you to look at and configure for your own use for a nominal
price.

If you're interested, you can take a look at it and the online documentation
of the functions at:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/products/metacard/xmllib.htm

> It's just a bit intimidating to people who see them
> the first time. I remember being amazed and puzzled at
> the same time, until I got a book on perl, and wih a
> little imagination, a lot was revealed :-)

I know what you mean... I'm thinking of creating a tutorial for regex aimed
at MC/Rev users...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com