using sounds / QuickTime TimeCode track

Nicholas Thieberger n.thieberger at linguistics.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 20 18:53:01 EDT 2002

I am also having trouble with audio files. I am trying to simply play
a sound file (QT/ AIFF) that is in the same directory as the RR
stack. I have aound 3Gb of audio files that I absolutely do not want
to segment and embed. In Hypercard I can play any selected chunk. In
RR I can't even get a squeak!

I haven't found the documentation that specifies the format of
soundfiles, is there such a thing?

nick

>Message: 14
>Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu>
>To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>Subject: Re:using sounds
>
>Steve,
>
>Thank you for your helpful suggestion.  I did finally figure that part
>out, but perhaps it should be somewhere in the documentation?  (My
>apologies if it is, but I couldn't find it).  Perhaps in the HC 'gotchas'
>department?
>
>Also, what does it actually do?  Do I still need to use a different app to
>embed the sound in the stack?
>
>Still befuddled but now hearing sounds...
>
>Judy
>
>On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Steve Messimer wrote:
>
>  > Judy,
>  >
>  > Did you import the sounds as controls?

Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
http://www.linguistics.unimelb.edu.au/contact/studentsites/thieberger/