makeSMF

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Aug 20 12:41:01 EDT 2002

Recently, "Klaus Major"  wrote:

> I just need a nice UI for the kids...
> I don't think most kids are interested in making music by typing
> "code" ;-)

A piano keyboard is pretty common for this in both software and hardware
(toys).

For entertainment, I would think a sliding control, like a slide trombone,
would be fun, but perhaps not easy to keep on key.

The pipe organ metaphor is also pretty common.  This is still pretty much a
keyboard with elongated keys (tubes), but it makes for good fun with steam
coming out of the pipes.

My favorite is the "beat box", where preprepared sequences are already in
place, and one simply combines rhythm, melody and musical effects in a cool
device-looking UI.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director