trimming ?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Aug 20 09:43:00 EDT 2002

>how can I trim spaces of a textfield, i.e. convert any " my text "
>into "my text"?

Hi Sylvain,

The Serendipity Library includes a stripBlanks function that strips
leading or trailing space characters.  It also includes a
justifyString function that allows one to pad a string with leading,
trailing, or centering pad characters.  The default pad character is
space, but any character can be specified (eg: "0" for padding
numbers).  Altogether the Library includes 45 Transcript commands for
database operations, date manipulation, input editing & validation,
text & number formatting, and list & table operations.

The Library is available on a pre-release basis.  The functionality
is basically in place: completion of the documentation is all that is
holding up official release.  AND, thanks to Yves Coppé, there is a
French language translation file  of all Library messages & prompts
available.  (Spanish & Dutch versions are also available, and someone
is working on a German translation.)

If you would like to review the Library prerelease, which will be
available for royalty-free distribution upon official release,
contact me privately.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company