Send URL to program "Finder" with GURLGURL

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Aug 19 23:32:02 EDT 2002

on 08-17-2002 06:14 PM, Scott Rossi at scott at tactilemedia.com wrote:

>> do "open location " & quote & theURL & quote as AppleScript
>
> Ken's right.  And mail is just as easy: just add "mailto:" to the mail
> address in theURL.
>
> Regards,

Thanks, indeed it does work, though I would be nervous about deploying that
script in Mac standalones, since it assumes appleScript is installed, where
as an appleEvent works, regardless (at least that is my understanding).

Or, perhaps AppleScript is on board these days regardless of user
configuration?

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org
www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org

Read The Master Course Lesson of the Day at
http://www.gurudeva.org/lesson.shtml