Problems with Sounds

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Aug 19 17:07:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to get a rev stack to play an aif file.  First I tried this:

  play "/Users/judy/Documents/HPGame/Sounds/TrainPassing.wav"

What I get is a static burst and nothing else. (Got the path by using the
Terminal app in Mac OSX and getting to the directory and then using the
pwd command to get the correct directory).

Next I used SoundEdit to embed the sound as a resource within the stack;
then used this rev command:

  play audioclip "TrainPassing.wav" looping

Got ongoing static.

I Have tried aifs, wavs and QTMovs.  I know the sound file is valid
because it plays using other apps.  What obvious thing am I missing?

Many kind thanks,

Judy Perry