MySQL localhost

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Sun Aug 18 14:13:01 EDT 2002

I've had a hard time getting Revolution to connect to a local mySQL
database under Mac OS 10.1.5. This mySQL database was created using
NaviCAT under the user account mysql.

In the Rev 1.1.1 Database Manager, I fill out the following fields
under the Text Data tab:

Database Type: MYSQL
Host: localhost (I've also tried the IP address of my computer)
Database: demo (which is the name is the name of one of the hosted databases)
Username: mysql  (I've also tried root)
Password: (password for mysql account)

Here is the error message I receive when I press "New Connection to Database":

revdberr, invalid database type

I tried downloading the Software Database Demo stack, and I get the
same errors.

Any help on this would be appreciated.