handle "About..." menupick on OS X

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri Aug 16 18:46:01 EDT 2002

>I think that the biggest problem
>here is going to be that I have carefully laid out all of my objects in
>the stack window....if a portion is now to be covered by a menubar and
>subsequently hidden, then I have to rearrange everything!  Is this
>really the way it must work?

I've been bitten by this several times myself. I don't usually think
about doing the menus until last, but with Rev you really want to do them
first, even if they're not final. Get the menu bar started, let Rev
adjust the stack size, and then lay out the rest of the stack. Otherwise
you may have to readjust all the objects in the stack, which can be a
very tedious, difficult task.

I agree that a note to this effect should be mentioned in the docs.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein