Disabling items in an option-style button

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 05:54:00 EDT 2002

Hi all,

In the process of preparing a conversion of an
existing FoxPro program to RunRev, I ran into a small
problem.

Here's the deal:
The user can choose a country from a popup-menu with
14 items: the first is the selected item; the second a
disabled horizontal line; then the 10 pre-selected
items from the preferences; then another disabled
horizontal line; then the item 'Other...' which
displays a complete list where the user can pick when
it's not in the 10 pre-selected items.

So for testing purposes i made an option menu

Belgium
(-
Belgium
Netherlands
Luxembourg
United Kingdom
France
Germany
Italy
Spain
Portugal
United States
(-
Other...

However, RunRev stubbornly refuses to disable the
horizontal lines, if you're working with an option or
combo-box style button.

Admittedly, I can mimick the behaviour by building a
substack, setting the menuName of the option button to
that substack, and have it show a
'preOpenStack'-prepared version of a collection of 12
buttons and two horizontal lines.

But is this workaround really necessary or am I
missing something obvious? Btw, I'm running Revolution
1.1.1r2 under WinME.

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)