pull-down menu not working in standalone for windows

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Aug 13 13:34:01 EDT 2002

>I've set the "menuMouseButton" property (which can be accessed via the
>Properties dialog, last tab) to zero, but it still doesn't work in
>Windows.  It's as if the popup menu doesn't know the mouse loc -- there is
>no response to hover or click.

Doug,

This is a long shot, but I beat my head against a wall for about 3 days
with a similar problem. The answer was oblique and may not apply but I
thought I'd mention it.

In my coding, I was using the Hypercard version of "not equals". This is
produced by typing the equals key while holding down the option key (it
displays an equals sign with a line through it). Unfortunately, Windows
chokes on this and acts in strange ways (often by doing nothing). When I
finally figured this out and substituted the "< >" version of "not
equals" everything worked properly.

It's a long shot but check to see if you're using this construct in your
code.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein