FROM REV to APPLESCRIPT

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Aug 11 19:55:01 EDT 2002

Here's how I do it:

Write your AppleScript & test it in the AppleScript editor with fake
data in your variables.
Copy the script and put it into a custom property somewhere in your
stack.
Edit the script to put placeholders where you variables will go
e.g. put **var1** into asVar1
where **var1** represents your Rev data and asVar1 is the variable name
used by the AppleScript

Then in your Rev script do the following:

put the cScriptProperty of me into theScript
replace "**var1**" with field "my Variable" in theScript
-- repeat this for all your variables
do theScript as AppleScript

The HyperCard method suggested will not work as it relies on the fact
that HyperCard itself is AppleScriptable, while Revolution is not.

Sarah