getting count of array with non-integer index

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Aug 7 20:31:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have an array created from a db query that looks similar to this:

array[1,"RecID"]
array[1,"Name"]
array[2,"RecID"]
array[2,"Name"]
array[3,"RecID"]
array[3,"Name"]

I want to loop through these results but have been unable to find a way to determine how many elements are in the first dimension of the array.  I saw the extents function but that only works with numeric keys.  I would like to keep the non-numeric keys if possible in order to make my code more readable.

So my questions are 1) Am I setting up arrays correctly in transcript and 2) If so, how do I get the count of the first dimension for looping purposes?

Thanks,

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com