Can I use Revolution for this?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Aug 3 23:32:00 EDT 2002

On Sunday, August 4, 2002, at 12:00  AM, Rodney Somerstein wrote:

> What exactly is the relationship between the two companies, anyway? Are
> they really the same or did RunRev just come up with a neat idea for
> extending MetaCard and pay enough money to make it happen?

They are not the same company. RunRev has a long term and stable
licensing arrangement with MetaCard (as it was explained to us.)

Scott Raney, who just hours ago replied specifically to this thread,
probably speaks best for MetaCard, since it is his engine and company.
With regard to the engine, I guess you could say that he has the last
word. You might want to go back and read his comments in order to get
the perspective of the engine maker on the topic. I think his points are
pretty valid and understandable. If it means that "certain types" of
applications cannot be practically built in order to help ensure
financial stability for the two companies, I certainly prefer that over
the potential loss of the companies to us and by default elimination of
further development of the tools we use to make our living.

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD