search a date

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Aug 3 13:05:00 EDT 2002

on mouseUp
   local theDate -- this is neccesary
   repeat for each line theLine in textToSearch
     if matchtext(theLine, "([0-9][0-9]/[0-9][0-9]/[0-9][0-9])",
theDate ) is true then
       put theDate & return after msg
     end if
   end repeat
end mouseUp

This returns one date per line if there are mor the one date per line,
it will report the first one, even when in a line with other text... but
it is not a function, so you will have to adjust it a little ;)

hope it solves your needs
Bjoernke