Can I use Revolution for this?

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Fri Aug 2 19:34:01 EDT 2002

On Saturday, August 3, 2002, at 09:37 , Troy Rollins wrote:

> On Friday, August 2, 2002, at 06:53  PM, Dan Shafer wrote:
>

>>> I would read these scripts in from a configuration file or files and
>>> then parse them myself. XML would probably be ideal for this, but I
>>> don't think that Revolution supports XML. I'm also concerned about
>>> the speed of doing this kind of parsing if I can't use XML. This
>>> would let me get around the scripting limitations in standalones.
>>
>> Again, I'm not sure what standalone limitations you're referring to
>> here, but I may well be overlooking something. I haven't yet licensed
>> RR (though I will be doing so soon).

Rodney

My puzzlement may be similar to Dan's. When you imply some limitation in
RunRev on number of objects handled, I wonder what it is you have
encountered that leads to this thought. Would you mind describing the
specific standalone limitations you believe exist in your licensed
RunRev? I would like to get a better handle on what might be the real
problem here.

thanks
David