strip html

bryan mccormick brymac at i-2000.com
Fri Aug 2 12:49:01 EDT 2002

my guess is that there is some paren mis-match in the html that causes
the script to go into some form of infinite loop.

um, try this and see if it works for you. a little clunky but it works
for me.

on stripTags theContainer
  put 1 into firstTag
  repeat until firstTag = 0 or lastTag = 0
    put  offset("<", theContainer) into firstTag
    put offset(">", theContainer) into lastTag

    if lastTag  < firstTag then
      delete char lastTag of theContainer
      next repeat
    end if
    delete char firstTag to lastTag of theContainer
  end repeat
  return theContainer
end stripTags