Drag and Drop onto App Icon

Ben Rubinstein benr at cogapp.com
Tue Apr 30 04:56:01 EDT 2002

on 30/4/02 1:57 AM, Dave at lists at retiariusenterprises.com wrote:

> Does a Rev. standalone support dropping files on the icon of the app and
> opening those files in the app?

Yes.

> What needs to be done to set this kind of thing up?

On Mac, you need to catch the appleEvent message, checking for id of "odoc"
(open doc).   The data then gives the file information.

On Windows, since this always (?) results in launching a new instance of the
app, you need to put code in startup or openstack, according to the needs of
your project, to check the environment variables $1...$n, which will be the
file info.

One day there'll be an entry in the How To explaining this in more detail, I
believe.

Hope this helps.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866