Open driver?

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Sun Apr 28 23:50:01 EDT 2002

Stephen

Further to my last response, my understanding consistent with my
experience is that an app does not need to be carbonised to run under
Classic. Carbonisation allows them to run either under OS X or 9.x as
you please, but does not present the interface features or additional OS
functions of a Cocoa app. Cocoa is OS X only. Some other apps I commonly
use include Nisus, ithink, Data Desk and Analytica. As far as I know,
none of these is carbonised. In fact, I can even run Resolve which was
last updated in 1992. I very much doubt that Claris (or Informix who
even earlier built the WingZ engine on which it was based) were thinking
about Carbon then.

You may receive a more comprehensive and precise definition from a
developer on the list.

regards
David