Open driver?

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Sun Apr 28 23:18:00 EDT 2002

On Monday, April 29, 2002, at 01:27 , Sarah wrote:

snip

> My interest is in serial communications to various scientific
> instruments. I have done this on Mac OS 9.x with the commands for the
> "modem:" & "printer:" keywords, but not on OS X. If anyone has managed
> to open any port using OS X, I'd really like to hear about it.

Sarah

I raised this (serial access through USB drivers) several months ago and
was promised access to the USB in Revolution, and am waiting
patiently... I understand we may be waiting on Apple as much as on RR.

I can run HyperCard in the Classic environment under OS X and
communicate through the USB using a suite of XCMDs, but nothing directly
in OS X yet.

regards
David