Creating a database file

diskot123 at juno.com diskot123 at juno.com
Fri Apr 26 13:11:01 EDT 2002

>Through the kind efforts of both the members of this list and the RunRev

>folks, I now understand how to use an existing Valentina database.
>However, how does one actually create the database file and define the
>fields?
Using VAPP.

http://www.paradigmasoft.com/product/vapp.html

You can define the fields either in VAPP, or using SQL (create table).

The next version of RevDB will add a revdb_valentina command which will
allow you to call through to VXCMD functions (hey you need to license it
anyway so why make you choose), and revdb_DBRefToConnection and
revdb_CursorRefToCursor..enabling Rev users to be able to use the same
syntax across all database but be able to use Valentina (VXCMD) specific
functions if they need to (like creating a database).

Tuviah Snyder ~ tuviah at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/