Text selection (was Re: use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #360 - 13 msgs)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 08:59:01 EDT 2002

--- Greg Wills <gwills at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> I have had a play with grouping (now link in 1.1.1).
> I don't want the
> text to end up with a line under the text (as is in
> "set the
> textstyle property to link"). So it does not really
> solve my problem.

Try any of the following equivalents

  hide groups
  set the showGroups to false
  set the underlineLinks to false

that should stop the underlines from appearing.

> When the clicktext function is used it doesn't solve
> my problem
> either. As is says in the documentation -  "for
> example, clicking a
> hyphenated word only returns the part of the word
> that was clicked."

I tried it here with a simple field, containing the
text
"yadda yadda.blabla blabla" where i set the style of
the chunk "yadda.blabla" to 'link'

The field's script is

  on mouseUp
    answer the clickText
  end mouseUp

Now when I set the lockText of the field to true, and
click on the "yadda.blabla", the answer shows me the
complete text of the link: "yadda.blabla"

Your quote from the documentation refers to what
happens if the user clicks a word that isn't linked.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)